Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008

With just a blink of the eyes today is the last day of 2008.

At the end of a year I normally try to reflect back and think of any significant issue or events that had happened.

So in 2008:


World Financial Crisis:

Well it is still affecting us now and I think this will impact 2009 as well. Many people had lost their job and I think most of us will get a pay cut sooner or later. Good think is exorbitant bankers salaries are thing of the past! : ) Well can’t say that for our Ministers though.

Mas Selamat Escape:

Where is he now? Also notice his WANTED poster are disappearing from the public.

Opening of KPE:

This shortens my taxi journeys between home and town.

Death of Sir Edmund Hillary


First man on top of Everest passed away Jan 11th. This closed a chapter in human achievement.

Beijing 2008

Ok we won the first Silver Medal since Mr Tan Howe Liang did it in 1960. but somehow I am still not impressed as we depends on foreigners. In-face I am more proud of our Para Olympians Yip Pin Xiu who won 1 GOLD and 1 Silver and Laurentia Tan who won 2 bronze instead.

Formula 1 Racing in Singapore

This is quite interesting. I had been a F1 fan since 1996 but these since these days you got to subscribe to cable to watch all kinda sport therefore I have not been following it closely. Anyway it is actually quite nice to see they try to promote the sport in Singapore but look like several teams are going to withdraw from the sport due to the financial crisis.



2008 has not been to bad on the personal level.

I managed to travel to Taipei, Seoul, Hong Kong and Tokyo for Holidays and did manage to travel to Mexico, Cancun for my business trip. First time in Mexico and on the way transited at Houston and Moscow, first time in this 2 cities as well.

Also went for a Health Check this year, both personal and FFI.

On the whole I am fit but my Triglyceride is high at 400, instead of the healthy 160, so need to work on my health in 2009.

Need to wish all my friends and families a healthy 2009 ahead. (Nothing beat good health) And remember to stay cool and pull through this financial crisis.

Happy New Year!

No comments: