Monday, September 26, 2011

Screwed up MRT

Train fault caused 8.5-minute delay at peak hour
Sep 24, 2011


SINGAPORE - A train fault caused an 8-and-a-half minute delay for passengers at peak hour yesterday evening reported the Straits Times today.

The report said about 2,880 passengers were affected by the delay on the East-West line towards Pasir Ris that happened around 7.25pm last night.

An SMRT spokesman said passengers on an east-bound train were asked to alight at City Hall MRT station due to a train fault.

To minimise disruption, passengers on a west-bound train were asked to alight at Bugis MRT station so the train could turn around and serve east-bound passengers, the spokesman added
.



SMRT must explain exactly what when wrong and the passenger are to be compensated.
The hint for the fault actually begun much earlier.

I happened to be at Pasir Ris at about 6.50pm and I waited about 10min for the train during peak hour. When I arrived at the platform, there were like already lots of people so I don’t even know how long have the waited.

As usual the train was really packed when it left the station. I have to literally squeeze my way out when I reach Outram Park Station.

So much for world class transport system.